
I went to check on Austin when I first put him down for a nap and I found him standing up in his crib. I told Devin to see this and so he lowered the bed part of the crib down so Austin wouldn't be able to fall out. So I took Austin with us downstairs and I rocked him while we watched Home Improvement. He started to become a little bit tired so I put the
binki in his mouth and we went upstairs and I put him down in his crib.

After a few minutes or so after I put Austin down I heard some noises, little noises that sounded like Austin. I went up to check and see what the noises where all about and I saw him standing in his crib again! I quickly had Devin come up and see this and we just got a kick out of it because we didn't expect this and nobody had warned us about this stage at all. I told Devin, "He looks like a caged animal!" I thought that only because we had lowered the bed down and it's deeper now and that 's what it looks like. I ended up getting Austin out of the crib and I rocked him to sleep and I finally put him down in his crib and guess what??? He's still asleep and not moving around! So I guess whenever he needs to take a nap I have to rock him to sleep to prevent this from happening.
3 comments:
I feel your pain! Welcome to the next CRAZY stage of motherhood. Just remember...everyone has their theories about what works best. You'll figure out what's best for Austin and you. He's even cute when he's crying. :)
He is even cute when he is crying...and I agree with Sunny, it's best to do what you works for you and your child! They are alll different.
ohh and sorry my last thought is...you will only get to rock him for a little while and then he will grow out of it. Meg was colic'y and so I rocked her a lot and I wished it away too...but now I regret wishing it away..Cherish all the times you get to snuggle him and nurture him.
Post a Comment