Friday, October 24, 2008

What A Mess!!

Austin, like any child, is excellent at making messes. I didn't get a picture of the final catastrophe but it was pretty messy. When I had put Austin down for the night and I went downstairs to hang out with Devin while he did his homework I asked him,"How do you like Austin's mess?" Devin then said,"I don't even see his messes anymore."

Then I remembered Pres. Monson's talk this past General Conference and he said,"If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly."

I love this quote and I said that to Devin and he just nodded his head. It is so true, since Devin has become a father that he isn't so anal about keeping the house clean because he knows that Austin is just going to pull out more toys as we clean them up.



No comments: