Saturday, February 20, 2010

It's A...



BOY...


Yesterday we went in for our 20 week ultrasound but I was actually 22 weeks.


We waited for anticipation to see what the gender of the baby was and I was just hoping for a little girl but I was blessed and given another little boy.





I will admit I was a little disappointed but someday I might get my little girl too.


In the first picture is his foot. The picture above is a picture of his leg and below is a leg.



The picture below is a hand and an arm.






Last but not least... is definitely a baby boy.



We decided to name him Miles James Dawsey. There really is no significance to the name Miles. We both like it and actually agreed on a boys name! The middle name is my dad's name since Austin's middle name is Devin's dad's name.
The ultrasound tech couldn't get Miles to move! He was just being so stubborn just like his brother Austin! We weren't able to get any of the cool 3D pictures because he wasn't willing to show his face! That little stinker! He is definitely related to the Marsden side of the family! No pictures please!!! We do have another scheduled ultrasound next month at a different facility because just as a pre-caution there are three things that they look at for the level of fluid and if you only have one not a big deal but the baby had 2 of the 3 but the fluid levels were fine. His kidney's had a little fluid but normal and his heart had some too which the doctor said it was normal and the fluid would go away. But just be sure they sent a referral to the High Risk Pregnancy facility to do an ultrasound. So, maybe then we might be able to get a better picture of the little runt! For every one's sake.. the baby is fine and there is nothing to worry about. The doctor said that it is normal to see those levels of fluids and 98% of the time the fluids are reduced and gone! He told us not to worry about it because the baby looked great and he bets it will all go away.





After our appointment was over, Devin, My mom, Austin and I headed to the mall to buy Miles some new clothes. I had a gift card for the Gap from my birthday and I decided to use the rest of it for the new baby. The onesies there were all so darn cute but I couldn't justify spending $12 on just one and that's it. I wanted to get more for my money. So I glanced at a rack on the bottom and there were these onesies for $3.99! That was more like it! We even bought Austin a new shirt (full price) since he was going to be a big brother soon!

4 comments:

Taryn said...

oh it's going to be so fun to have two boys. They will be the best of friends!

Claire Saville said...

YEAH FOR BOYS!!!! you will have tons of fun!!!! We will get our girls sooner or later....hopefully :)

Arlene said...

I've been wondering!!!! They will be very good friends. Great deals on the cute onsies!!! Congratulations.

Amanda said...

I love the ultrasound pictures!! And i love love love the name you guys have!! You guys are my kinda people. No waiting until 3 days after the baby is born to name it!! You have the name as soon as you find out what gender it is!!! :)