Thursday, December 18, 2008

'My Shoes'

Recently, I have been putting shoes on Austin's little feet since he has been walking really well. It's only been the last week or so that I've been doing this. The first time I put his shoes on I was waiting for him to stumble over his feet. To my surprise, he didn't . He instantly picked up what he's supposed to do in shoes. He realizes that he has to pick up his feet more and he can also take longer strides in shoes which makes him go faster!

Yesterday while we were playing in our front room, I was sitting on the couch and Austin was bringing one tennis shoe at a time. When he gave me both he just stared at me like I was supposed to read his mind on what he wanted to be done. Then I asked him, "Do you want me to put your shoes on?" Austin replied, "Da!" ("Da" pretty much means everything at this point.)

After I put on his shoes he was happy as can be. That's just what he wanted.

No comments: