Saturday, December 12, 2009

New Bed

Yesterday we decided to transition Austin into a big boy bed cold turkey. Devin went out to the shop and got some tools and he took the crib down. Then Devin took one of the twin beds from upstairs and we put it in his room.

The funny thing about these beds is that they are a family "heriloom" bed. These twin beds belonged to Chuck and his brother and then all the grandkids slept in them when visiting Grandma Dawsey's house. A year and a half ago we inherited these beds. The nice the thing that I do like about them is they sit really low to the ground so if Austin happened to fall off he wouldn't go too far!

Last night we picked Austin up from Nana's house and we put him down for the night and within minutes he was out like a light. It was just like putting him in his crib and saying goodnight to him and then closing the door behind us and he just laid there and he fell asleep! I thought for sure we'd have a harder time getting him to stay in the bed! But we didn't!

This morning after Devin left I went into the kitchen and was getting myself some breakfast and all the sudden there was someone just standing right there. Austin got himself out of bed and was on his way to get some breakfast! He is growing up so fast!

It really makes me sad that his bedroom looks like a boys room now. There is no more crib and it doesn't resemble anything like a babies room. Today for a nap it took a couple of tries to get him to stay in his bed but he eventually fell right asleep. We're glad he likes his new bed because now he can claim that as his bed and not the crib for when the baby arrives!

5 comments:

SunnyD said...

Aww....good job Boston! The big boy bed. What's next? Unders? Bikes? Football?

Taryn said...

ohh that's crazy! I was just saying at the roller rink how big he looked. Time does go too fast sometimes!

Grandma O said...

I don't want him to grow up, I love him just the way he is! I guess it is what must be with him growing up though.

Dane said...

What a big move! I love that it's a family heirloom. That will make for sweet dreams, I'm sure.

Amanda said...

You are so good..and brave!! I told Ryan that till Ryder finds out how to crawl out of his crib..we'll just keep him in there for a bit longer!! :)